The world is rapidly changing. Up until the last decade, most jewelry was created and designed by jewelry manufacturers and designers. You wouldn't have the opportunity to add your own spin on a design or assist in designing something completely from scratch.
Now you can custom design anything! The sky is the limit!
At Freedman Jewelers, we have custom designed jewelry of all sorts for the past 15 years. From engagement rings to necklaces to earrings, we can do anything you can dream up. If you have a picture, a really good sketch or anything in between, we can make your dream piece of jewelry a reality.
How it Works
- Do some research. Think about what you like, look online and through magazines for ideas. Or, if you are handy with drawing (unlike me), make a sketch.
- Contact us or make an appointment to discuss ideas. Bring pictures, sketches; anything you have with you. We also have a wide selection of jewelry items we can take ideas from. We also have an enormous book filled with cutouts from hundreds of jewelry styles & designs in rings, necklaces, bracelets and earrings that we are able to take aspects of and use to custom design new jewelry.
- We then take a design you like and make CAD images (Computer aided design). CAD images are computer generated designs which we use to show you a visual of what the jewelry item would look like. At this stage, there is a labor charge applied that is taken off the overall balance of the custom jewelry design once we have a price. Contact us for more information on this process. Call us at 617-227-4294 or email us at [email protected]
- After CAD images are completed (usually takes a couple of days) they are emailed to you for inspection. Images will include views from the top, side and bottom. We are able to make modifications at this stage, so if you do not like the CAD images we can discuss how to create to the images to your liking.
- Once you approve the CAD images, we make a wax mold. The wax is made in the exact dimensions of the jewelry we are creating. So, if it's a ring you can try it on your finger to get an idea of the look.
- Once you approve the wax, we can make the ring in the metal of your choice (14kt or 18kt white or yellow gold or platinum) The entire custom design process takes about 2-3 weeks.
What Else You Should Know
- In many occasions we have incorporated customers diamonds into custom designed jewelry pieces.
- We don't always need to custom design, if we know what you are looking for we can create it without going through the CAD images / wax mold steps.
- We work with precious gemstones (diamonds, sapphires, rubies & emeralds)
- We also work with semi precious gemstones such as amethyst, topaz and quartz