On Thursday July 19th, the Jewelers Exchange Building hosted their first official tour of the building to Boston area bloggers.
Approximately 15-20 Boston area Bloggers visited the Jewelers Exchange Building to learn from the experts about jewelry, diamonds and other precious gemstones.
Scholars American Bistro (right next to the Jewelers Building) provided appetizers & refreshments. (Thank you guys! The food and drinks were great!)
The tour included seeing & learning about the following items & processes:
- The history of Jewelers Exchange Building
- The history of Downtown Crossing area
- Making jewelry
- Repairing jewelry
- how independent jewelry stores operate
- Customer’s experiences and feedback
- Custom designing jewelry with the help of CAD/CAM imaging & wax molds
- Seeing a jeweler’s work bench and the tools they use
- Seeing luxury watches such as Rolex & Patek Phillipe.
- Seeing unique gemstones such as Moonstones, Yellow Sapphires & Alexandrites
- Learning all aspects of diamonds
- & more!
The bloggers who attended included:
A group of Boston area food bloggers who meet up for brunches. Sounds really fun!
Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/BostonBrunchers
Making Things, Going Places & Things that are Awesome -Simple yet Awesome!
Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/makegoawesome
A blogger who loves food and the ocean
Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/sailingfoodie
A blogger who loves food in general, especially taking photos of food
Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/itakepicsoffood
Food and Cooking Blog
Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/breadandbeta
Food & Recipe Blog
Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/kitchenbelle
Social media, marketing, life & more
Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/SocialMel
Food, exploration & reflection
Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/iamahoneybee
Local fashion blog
Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/BosFashionista
Food Blog – adventures in cooking & eating
Twitter handle: https://twitter.com/CulinaryColleen
A big thank you to everyone who attended and helped out.
*Freedman Jewelers is a 3rd generation family jewelry business located on the 4th floor of the Jewelers Exchange Building in downtown Boston.